Re: SRP in OpenSSH draft protocol spec

RJ Atkinson wrote:

> to grant.  In the IETF context, there ought not be a
> requirement for folks to individually and separately contact
> the patent holder to obtain a licence -- instead some form
> of general licence should be granted, IMHO.

Just so that others reading this don't get the wrong impression, the
free license for SRP is granted to all, *without* requiring a written
agreement with Stanford.  While people are welcome to contact Stanford
OTL to have their questions answered, they do *not* need to negotiate
with them in order to use SRP on a royalty-free basis.

In the interest of saving time in the future, I will have Stanford OTL
send the IETF secretariat an additional statement to this effect.

Tom
--
Tom Wu
Principal Software Engineer