Re: draft-ietf-secsh-dh-group-exchange-01.txt

provos%citi.umich.edu@localhost (Niels Provos) writes:

> In message <200108092254.f79MsLB718759%jurassic.eng.sun.com@localhost>, Darren Moffat wri
> tes:
> >Matching against the peer's version number to try and work out which
> >version of a particlar draft they implemented doesn't seem like a good idea.
> Thats who incompatibilities for all the other drafts have been handled, too.
> Look at the code, you will be surprised.

Yes, but for example in our software it is mostly done against our own
versions. And that is ugly enough. There are many vendors already, and
there is no guarantee that the application version string stays in the
same format from version to version.

I don't know of a better way however; changing request names is ugly
too, perhaps even more so.

--
[sjl%ssh.com@localhost          --  Sami J. Lehtinen  --           sjl%iki.fi@localhost]
[work:+358 20 5007425][gsm:+358 40 864 3001][http://www.iki.fi/~sjl]