RE: cooked mode sessions

Some kind of message is needed to tell the client about pty mode changes.
E.g., if
the app issues an ioctl to turn echo off, a protocol message is needed to
convey this state change. All of the terminal-mode settings that a client
sends in its "pty-req"
could potentially be sent from the server to the client at any time. There
are many
other instances where such a message is needed.