Re: Draft comments...

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 10:27:56AM -0700, Joseph Galbraith wrote:
>   3. Specify that SSH_MSG_REQUEST_SUCCESS has the format:
>
>      byte SSH_MSG_REQUEST_SUCCESS
>      ... response specific data
>
>      where the response specific data is usually non-existent.
>
>      And specify for "tcpip-forward" request, that
>      if and only if the request port is 0, the
>      response look like:
>
>      byte   SSH_MSG_REQUEST_SUCCESS
>      uint32 port that was bound on the server
>
>   I would prefer 3; Markus has expressed a strong
>   preference for 1.

well, i agree with #3.

then we can change:
   The recipient will respond to this message with
   SSH_MSG_REQUEST_SUCCESS, SSH_MSG_REQUEST_FAILURE, or some request-
   specific continuation messages if `want reply' is TRUE.
   The recipient will respond to this message with
   SSH_MSG_REQUEST_SUCCESS or SSH_MSG_REQUEST_FAILURE
   if `want reply' is TRUE.

>   I would like to have this included, but more than
>   that, I would love to have a version of the
>   draft that we can go to last call with.

so do i. we really should move on.

-m