Re: SecSH Server functionality on Windows - incomplete

First, this is off topic for the IETF WG list.   In another
place, it'd be a fine and legitimate topic.  The WG list
is for the protocol, I believe.  Check the charter if you
disagree.

a 'shell server' on a Windows box is a stretch,
since that platform doesn't really support that paradigm.
it's about the same as a shell server on a macintosh
(e.g. no Redmond bashing required.)

However, scp to a Windows box, or equivalent, to update
a web site is tremendously more secure that something
done insecurely (e.g. "PC Anywhere" style functionality with
no security)

I can't fire up a command shell on one win2k box from another,
even if there's no security in the middle, so I don't think
this is ssh's problem.