Re: Do we have standards available for scp ??

Markus Friedl wrote:

it's just rcp over scp. there is not spec for rcp and i think
it's not worth specifying the rcp protocol because of limitations
discussed earlier on this list.

I think the very reason that rcp has known limitations is a good idea to have it specified and marked is historical. That way when the discussion comes up again there is a simple document to point to.

Having said that I don't think it is approriate work for this group to document rcp.

--
Darren J Moffat