Re: WG Last Call (third time's the charm?) for SSH core drafts

>> Actually it might even be better to have it as a MUST since not doing
>> so allows for the potential of a client/server pair that can bypass admin
>> policy and we shouldn't really encourage that.
>
>Well, the password policy should be entirely enforced by the server.
>
>MUST would rule out a "soft password expiration" policy where the
>server could strongly suggest, but not require, a password change, for
>some time interval before the change became mandatory..

I was assuming that case would be dealt with by telling the user their
password was going to expire and letting them do the appropriate thing
for their system; however that might not be suitable in all cases so I
see that MUST is probably too strong.

--
Darren J Moffat