Re: Extensions to SSH in order to facilitate telnet replacement.

As opposed to building the telnet complexities into sshd?  And of course
every device for which this functionality would be desired already has
the telnet server built in.  Ditto telnet client, for ssh clients.

Maybe I misunderstood the request, but it seemed clear to me that the
only motivation was to talk to things that expected to be talking via
telnet.

Barney