Re: WG LAST CALL: SECSH Public Key File Format

Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld%east.sun.com@localhost> writes:

> This is the start of a working group LAST CALL on:
>
> 	draft-ietf-secsh-publickeyfile-02.txt
> 		SECSH Public Key File Format
>
> Last Call on this document expires in three weeks, on 3 April 2002
> (I'm giving it an extra week due to the upcoming IETF week).

I don't quite like the new rules for continuation lines and separation
between headers and body. I'd prefer using the good old method used
for other header-body type messages, like mail and http. I.e.:

  The (possibly) empty header part is separated from the body by an
  empty line. Continuation lines are non-empty, and start with a
  sequence of whitespace characters.

Then standard routines for dealing with header and body can be reused.
Some examples of the format I'd prefer are below.

Regards,
/Niels

---- BEGIN SSH2 PUBLIC KEY ----
Subject: galb
Comment: 1024-bit rsa, created by galb@shimi Mon Jan 15 08:31:24 2001

AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABJQAAAIEAiPWx6WM4lhHNedGfBpPJNPpZ7yKu+dnn1SJejgt459
6k6YjzGGphH2TUxwKzxcKDKKezwkpfnxPkSMkuEspGRt/aZZ9wa++Oi7Qkr8prgHc4soW6
NUlfDzpvZK2H5E7eQaSeP3SAwGmQKUFHCddNaP0L+hM7zhFNzjFvpaMgJw0=
---- END SSH2 PUBLIC KEY ----

---- BEGIN SSH2 PUBLIC KEY ----