RE: renaming SFTP to...

> I suggest FMP for 'File Manipulation Protocol'.
> The acronym would sound reasonably well, and
> the name wouldn't include the word 'Secure'
> because the protocol can run over anything
> and doesn't itself provide any security.

Or perhaps:

FXP - File Access Protocol
RFX - Remote File Access (protocol)

'Access' sounds less awkward than 'Manipulation'. 'Management' also begins
with M, but seems to carry a different meaning (managing whole files rather
than their contents). Also, acronyms containing the letter X usually sound
more seXy.

Any votes?

My vote currently goes to RFX, mainly because it sounds better.