renaming SFTP to...

> I concur. We need a new name.
> "SSH Secure File Access Protocol - SFAP"

I thought of that, but it sounds too much like "SPAM". :)

I suggest FMP for 'File Manipulation Protocol'. The acronym would sound
reasonably well, and the name wouldn't include the word 'Secure' because the
protocol can run over anything and doesn't itself provide any security.

[Please disregard my earlier message with the same subject if it arrives. It
appears it got scheduled for moderator approval because I forgot to use the
right email address.]