Re: IESG feedback on core drafts.

Note: this was merely an attempt to illustrate a possible future use of
the SSHv2 "none" crypto alg.

Perhaps there should be text explicitly allowing the use of "none" when
the key exchange and/or userauth cryptographically binds authentication
at the SSHv2 layer to integrity/confidentiality services at a lower
layer:

   "
   The "none" encryption algorithm MAY be used where authentication at
   the SSHv2 layer is cryptographically bound to the cryptographic
   integrity and/or confidentiality services provided by a lower layer,
   such as IPsec.  Other uses of the "none" encryption algorithm are NOT
   RECOMMENDED.
   "

For more details on this proposed GSS pseudo-mechanism look at the NFSv4
WG list archives.  And note that it's a trivial wrapper around an
underlying non-pseudo mechanism (almost like an OID prefix, if you
wish).

Cheers,

Nico