Re: Proposal for New Section 11.1 PRNG

Chris:

   ... and, furthermore, the PRNG should be seeded with
   some truly random inputs, or as random as can be available.  RFC 1750
   [1750] contains more discussion on this and suggestions for
   randomness.  Implementors should note well the importance of truly
   random values where needed in this document.  They should also heed
   the well-meant, anecdotal warning that implementing PRNG functions are
   difficult to get right.

I think that the term "truly random" ought to be avoided. In the subsequent paragraph. the term "entropy" is used. I think that is a better way to go. I propose:

   ... and, furthermore, entropy needs to be added to the PRNG.
   RFC 1750 [1750] offers suggestions for sources of entropy.
   Implementors should note the importance of entropy and the
   well-meant, anecdotal warning about the difficulty in
   properly implementing PRNG functions.

Russ