Re: New Proposal for Section 11.1.4 Man-in-the-middle

Hi Simon and Nico,

I believe that the point you're trying to make would come under the
Authentication Protocol section rather than being left in the Transport
section on MITM.  That section starts with the following:
===
11.3 Authentication Protocol

   The purpose of this protocol is to perform client user
   authentication.  It assumed that this runs over a secure transport
   layer protocol, which has already authenticated the server machine,
   established an encrypted communications channel, and computed a
   unique session identifier for this session.
===
Is that sufficient for your concerns or should this section also contain a
warning about trying to run _any_ authentication mechanism over an SSH
session that has not already been authenticated (at the device level)?

Thanks,
Chris