Re: Publickey subsystem draft posted

Bill Sommerfeld  <sommerfeld%east.sun.com@localhost> wrote:
>> The public-key subsystem is a mechanism that allows authenticated clients
>> to upload/manage their public keys through an implementation-independent
>> interface.
>
> I'd like to hear feedback from the rest of the WG as to whether this
> is of interest as a WG item.

I quite like the idea in principle; I get a fair amount of mail from
people who can't figure out how to set up public-key authentication,
and I can't imagine that the variety of implementations all doing it
in different ways can possibly be helping that. A standard protocol
for setting up the server would mean users wouldn't need to bounce
back and forth between the client and server documentation, but
could simply follow one set of instructions.

I haven't looked at the details yet, though.

Cheers,
Simon
--
Simon Tatham         "A defensive weapon is one with my finger on the
<anakin%pobox.com@localhost>    trigger. An offensive weapon is one with yours."