Re: Transport I-D: KEXINIT reserved field needs description

Nicolas Williams  <Nicolas.Williams%sun.com@localhost> wrote:
> For those whose implementations ignore additional data past the reserved
> field, is that data included in the key exchange hash?

At the risk of making a barely contentful `M33 T00!!!1!!' post ...
yes, PuTTY hashes the whole incoming packet, whether it recognises
it all or not.
--
Simon Tatham         "I thought I'd put my foot so far into my mouth I
<anakin%pobox.com@localhost>    wouldn't be able to sit down without standing up."