Re: Transport I-D: KEXINIT reserved field needs description

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 03:17:42PM -0700, Nicolas Williams wrote:
> Can implementors describe how they handle non-zero values for the last
> field of SSH_MSG_KEXINIT?

Thanks to all who did.

For those whose implementations ignore additional data past the reserved
field, is that data included in the key exchange hash?

I think the fact that some implementations do not tolerate KEXINIT
"extensions" should not precluse the proposed change.  Several
implementations already map the peer's version string to compatibility
notes and react accordingly.  While I hope that we can put stop adding
to this database of compatibility notes I think that this particular
issue (KEXINIT extensibility) is worth the trouble to fix.

(When the core I-Ds progress I think it might be worthwhile to built a
 registry of compatibility notes.)

Cheers,

Nico