Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-secsh-scp-sftp-ssh-uri-00.txt

On Wednesday, Aug 13, 2003, at 20:07 America/Montreal, Darren J Moffat wrote:
Since rcp is a historically a UNIX protocol it doesn't (at
least to me, but probably not to everyone) seem unreasonable that a
server providing access via rcp should do the work of mapping UNIX
style names to its style.

To confirm and be more precise, RCP was invented at UC Berkeley
as part of the BSD UNIX distributions.  So the protocol has always
been UNIX-centric for those reasons.  It is far too late in the day
to be proposing any changes to RCP in that regard.

IMHO,

Ran