Re: gss userauth

On Tuesday, September 02, 2003 20:09:39 +0200 Markus Friedl <markus%openbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 02:03:27PM -0400, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

> that's easy if you use a different name for the method.

True.  I didn't think that was what you meant by "negotiating within the
method".

no, but now you can negotiate within the new method whether
the GSSAPI mechanisms supports GSS_GetMIC.

Actually, you can't. All you can do is try to establish a context, and look when you're done to see if integrity protection is supported. AFAIK there is no way in advance to tell whether a mechanism will support GSS_GetMIC or not. But this isn't actually a major problem.

Just so I understand...  Regardless of what approach we choose to
solving  this problem, you're not planning on making any changes before
3.7 ships?

yes, i'm sorry, but it's too late.

Ok; I just wanted to make sure I understood you correctly.