Re: [psg.com #460] IESG - Transport - Oakley

> As for larger groups, we have three choices:

>  - specify diffie-hellman-group14-sha1 and make it MANDATORY to implement
>  - make diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1 MANDATORY to implement
>  - both of the above

As an implementor, I would argue for the first of these.  Getting
diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1 right is a good deal more
complicated than simply using another fixed group.

Of course, as a security geek, I argue for the second, or perhaps the
third, since g-ex-sha1 is stronger than g14-sha1 just on general
principles (because the putative attacker knows less a priori) - at
least if the size parameters are suitable.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse%rodents.montreal.qc.ca@localhost