RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-secsh-transport-18.txt

Sorry if this is already known. I couldn't look in the bug tracking system
as it required a username and password.

Just a couple questions.

In section 6.6 Public Key Algorithms.

x509v3-sign-rsa and x509v3-sign-dss are listed as "defined" formats. That
said, I have been unable to find where these are defined (and there is no
citation of this definition in this section).

Perhaps this is why RFC2459 (and soon to be RFC3280 per earlier mails) was
listed in the References at the end of the document?

Is it RFC3280 or RFC3279 which defines x509v3-sign-rsa and x509v3-sign-dss?

All the other public key algorithms have at least an additional sentence
below the table of formats as well. Maybe that is all the document needs.

I have scoured through the mailing list archives and the ietf pkix working
group and secsh internet drafts and rfcs and have come up dry. Any thoughts?

This sentence,
"The key type MUST always be explicitly known (from algorithm
   negotiation or some other source)" sounds awkward to me. I think it is
the combination of MUST and always. It seems redundant.

cheers,
scott rankin