Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-secsh-transport-18.txt

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 12:04:49AM +1200, Peter Gutmann wrote:
> Roumen Petrov <openssh%roumenpetrov.info@localhost> writes:
> >To write new draft for 5 lines as some people suggest (see list archive) is
> >waste of time.
>
> It's going to take a *lot* more than those 5 lines to define everything, and
> since no-one seems to be interested in it, reserving it to be defined in a
> separate document is a good idea.  If you really want this so badly, you could
> always write the RFC yourself :-).

Yup.  And for merely reserving the names the numbers (IANA) doc seems
best:

"
4.3 Public Key Algorithm Names

   Algorithm name                Reference
   ---------------               ---------
   ssh-dss                       [SSH-TRANS, Section 4.6]
   ssh-rsa                       [SSH-TRANS, Section 4.6]
   x509v3-sign-rsa               [SSH-TRANS, Section 4.6]
   x509v3-sign-dss               [SSH-TRANS, Section 4.6]
   spki-sign-rsa                 [SSH-TRANS, Section 4.6]
   spki-sign-dss                 [SSH-TRANS, Section 4.6]
   pgp-sign-rsa                  [SSH-TRANS, Section 4.6]
   pgp-sign-dss                  [SSH-TRANS, Section 4.6]
"

Just replace the reference to the transport I-D section 4.6 with
"[TBD]" and remove all references to undefined host key algs from the
transport I-D.

Nico