question related to the DH-GEX draft

I am trying to figure out what NL is (quoted below)?

>From Section 5 of [1],
"...
     The hash H is computed as the HASH hash of the concatenation of the
     following:
       string    V_C, the client's version string (CR and NL excluded)
       string    V_S, the server's version string (CR and NL excluded)"

It looks to me like [SSH-TRANS] defines these version strings as,
     SSH-protoversion-softwareversion SP comments CR LF

Perhaps this is just a typo and is supposed to read,
       string    V_C, the client's version string (CR and LF excluded)
       string    V_S, the server's version string (CR and LF excluded)

cheers,
scott rankin

[1]
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-secsh-dh-group-exchange-04.tx