Re: Invalid channel numbers

> What if it's a channel open where the packet ends halfway through the channel
> number?  You've got a request, there seems to be a requirement to send a
> response, but you can't respond without some facility that lets you say "The
> last channel-related request was disallowed".

so, my sense is that there will always be a level of peer-brokenness
for which the only possible recovery is for the implementation to
throw up its virtual hands and give up.  This bit of the protocol runs
on top of an integrity-protected channel; a parse error either
indicates a buggy peer, buggy integrity protection, or a bug in your
own implementation, and distinguishing these cases is hard.

exactly how hard you try to keep going before that is something of a
quality-of-implementation issue.  dropping the connection seems like an
entirely reasonable response..

					- Bill