Re: Invalid channel numbers

pgut001%cs.auckland.ac.nz@localhost (Peter Gutmann) writes:

> What if it's a channel open where the packet ends halfway through the channel
> number?  You've got a request, there seems to be a requirement to send a
> response, but you can't respond without some facility that lets you say "The
> last channel-related request was disallowed".

I don't see any problem here. Whenever you receive a packet that
clearly doesn't follow the spec, just reply with SSH_MSG_DISCONNECT,
SSH_DISCONNECT_PROTOCOL_ERROR, then hang up the connection. Truncated
channel requests are in this class.

If you *really* want to be more forgiving than that, send a
SSH_MSG_DEBUG explaining the problem, and then ignore the packet. But
such behaviour goes beyond the specification. My reading of the spec
is that SSH_MSG_DISCONNECT is the only appropriate response in this
case.

Regards,