Re: Consenus on UTF8

    Jeff> For the purposes of this (or any IETF) working group, can
    Jeff> someone remind me how "consenus" is defined?

The chair judges consensus.  If the chair claims there is a consensus
and someone disagrees they can talk to the chair about it or bring it
up on the list.  There is a formal procedure for dealing with appeals,
but we won't need that here;).

Bill can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we are blocking on
the UTF 8 change.  It's already in the draft, no one has proposed
alternative text.

There's discussion for adding additional text (possibly in the core
drafts, possibly somewhere else) to handle the case where you don't
know what character set your encoding is.

To the extent that I started that discussion, my intent was to start a
non-blocking dsicussion.  If we come to a consensus on that thread in
time to make a change to the core drafts, then we do.  If not, that
discussion does not block the core drafts.

I think the issue we're blocking on is trademark and that requires no
action on this WG's part.

Technically speaking Russ is the only one holding a discuss on the ssh
drafts.

--Sam