RE: DH KEX names an "aberration"?

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 14:04, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

> > ticket 460, 601: no consensus on list.
> > flipped coin, heads for "group2", tails for "group14", came up tails
> > will stick with diffie-hellman-group14-sha1
>
> That implies the coin flip was only intended to apply to that one decision,
> and not to set a direction for future naming.  Bill, can you comment on
> this?

correct.  it was intended only for that one decision.

> I'd prefer to have a direction for future naming, but not at the expense of
> delaying things indefinitely.  If we can agree on a direction, or accept
> the coin toss as setting one, then we should use one of Joseph's proposed
> paragraphs (modulo the wordsmithing we've just done).

(wg chair hat off)

For future direction, my preference would be to do something which doesn't
involve us arguing over which small integer refers to a which large integer.

but who am I to interfere with what appears to be gathering consensus..

						- Bill