Re: WG Chair Nits & start of WG Last Call: draft-ietf-secsh-publickeyfile-06.txt

ok, so this is "mission creep", but from looking through the other
expired drafts, it occurred to me that maybe the right thing to do with
the expired (and tiny) draft-ietf-secsh-fingerprint-01.txt is to fold
its content into this draft.

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/secsh/draft-ietf-secsh-fingerprint/draft-ietf-secsh-fingerprint-01.txt

though, given the current status of MD5 we need to defend its use in a
security considerations section.

we should note that (1) use of MD5 in this form is documents existing
practice, (2) the MD5 property which we rely on is 2nd-preimage
resistance, not collision-resistance.

thoughts?