Re: WG Chair Nits & start of WG Last Call: draft-ietf-secsh-publickeyfile-06.txt

Bill Sommerfeld wrote:
ok, so this is "mission creep", but from looking through the other
expired drafts, it occurred to me that maybe the right thing to do with
the expired (and tiny) draft-ietf-secsh-fingerprint-01.txt is to fold
its content into this draft.

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/secsh/draft-ietf-secsh-fingerprint/draft-ietf-secsh-fingerprint-01.txt

though, given the current status of MD5 we need to defend its use in a
security considerations section.

we should note that (1) use of MD5 in this form is documents existing
practice, (2) the MD5 property which we rely on is 2nd-preimage
resistance, not collision-resistance.

thoughts?

Done.

Should I hold off a while before assaulting the draft editor with
another version or repost now?

Thanks,

Joseph