OPEN_FAILURE reason codes

I'm working on my ssh implementation (big surprise) and have run into a
problem (even bigger surprise).

Specifically, I'm working on connection sharing.  In the circumstance
where the server has sent a CHANNEL_OPEN (eg, for a forwarded TCP
connection) and we've sent it on to the client, but our own connection
to the client drops before we get either success or failure back, I
more or less have to synthesize a failure to send back to the server.
But the problem is, what reason code should I use?  Only four are
defined

	SSH_OPEN_ADMINISTRATIVELY_PROHIBITED
	SSH_OPEN_CONNECT_FAILED
	SSH_OPEN_UNKNOWN_CHANNEL_TYPE
	SSH_OPEN_RESOURCE_SHORTAGE

and none of them really fit.  CONNECT_FAILED is perhaps the closest,
but gives the wrong impression, especially for forwarded TCP
connections.

What do you people think is best?  Should I just use CONNECT_FAILED, or
should I use one of the 0xf[ef]* codes and put something explanatory in
the reason string, or campaign to get a new reason code assigned from
the standardized space, or what?  I can see arguments for each, and am
interested in any thoughts any of you may have on the matter.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse%rodents.montreal.qc.ca@localhost