Re: OPEN_FAILURE reason codes

der Mouse <mouse%Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA@localhost> writes:

> But the problem is, what reason code should I use?  Only four are
> defined
>
> 	SSH_OPEN_ADMINISTRATIVELY_PROHIBITED
> 	SSH_OPEN_CONNECT_FAILED
> 	SSH_OPEN_UNKNOWN_CHANNEL_TYPE
> 	SSH_OPEN_RESOURCE_SHORTAGE
>
> and none of them really fit.  CONNECT_FAILED is perhaps the closest,
> but gives the wrong impression, especially for forwarded TCP
> connections.

I'd say use CONNECT_FAILED, and put some reasonable message in the
explanation string. Feel free to propose additional standard error
codes (perhaps we should have a kitchen sink code for failures not
matching any other?), but I don't think these numeric codes are
terribly important.

In your scenario, no matter which code you use, the only reasonable
action on the server's side is to close the connection it tried to
forward, with no error message of any kind propagated.

Regards,