Re: New draft possibilities

> A TCP tunnel would change the characteristics of most UDP apps quite
> significantly and would not be desirable, I'd think.

Depends on what you're using UDP for.  It will change the
characteristics of UDP, but whether the change is significant will
depend on the application UDP is being put to.

For example, I would expect it to work fine for DNS traffic (which is
pretty close to the only use I can see for it offhand, though that
could just mean I don't do much with UDP).

I'd expect the hardest part would be handling replies; many UDP-based
protocols expect to send some kind of reply back to a packet's sender,
so to be useful any UDP-forwarding-over-ssh would have to pass replies
back to the sender.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse%rodents.montreal.qc.ca@localhost