Re: New SFTP extension: copy files on server...

der Mouse wrote:
        byte   SSH_FXP_EXTENDED
        uint32 request-id
        string "copy"
[...]

Thoughts?  Hate it?  Love it, but it needs X?

I'm with Richard Whalen: fine, but not in the core draft.

In fact, I'm not convinced _any_ SSH_FXP_EXTENDED packets belong in the
core draft (yes, I know there are a handful of them there now).

I suppose I could be convinced to move some of them--
like the hash stuff would be a good candidate.  Some
of the others though, I do think belong there.

version-select and space-available at least belong in the
core draft.

I could go either way about 'home-directory'

That aside, the description uses both "folder" and "directory",
apparently referring to the same thing; I think the terminology should
be normalized to the same as the rest of the sftp stuff.

That is a good point... I'll check the entire draft
and normalize to 'directory.'  I despise that fact that I've
become so corrupt I all them folders :-)

Thanks,

Joseph