Re: Your DISCUSS on draft-ietf-secsh-newmodes-05

Jon Bright <jon%siliconcircus.com@localhost> writes:

>Having read various other comments and thought about it a bit, my favoured
>solution is to REQUIRE 3des-ctr if *any* of the newmodes ciphers are
>implemented.

I think 3DES-CTR is even less likely to be supported in hardware than AES-CTR,
for AES it's a new(ish) cipher so people may at some point implement trendy
new modes, but 3DES has been consigned to the legacy bin and is unlikely to be
updated at any point.

Peter.