[Scott Hollenbeck] DISCUSS: draft-ietf-secsh-publickeyfile-09.txt

You know, the draft might actually even mean bytes in this instance.
I'm trying to imagine what I'd do if I took this file to tops-20.

I think it is either bytes or characters, octet seems clearly wrong.

--- Begin Message ---
Section 3, second paragraph, and elsewhere: "MUST NOT be longer than 72
bytes".  "bytes" is an imprecise term.  Do they really mean "8-bit ASCII
characters", octets, or are 9-bit bytes as implemented on older hardware
architectures also acceptable?

Section 3.4 uses the term "characters" to describe a line length limitation.
Consistency would be good.

-Scott-

--- End Message ---