Re: clarifications for SFTP extensions draft

> If you or someone else felt strongly about it though,
> I'd be willing to specify the "check-file" is the alias
> for both of these.

Well, I'd actually like to require the server that if it supports one, it must support both. It seems trivial for a server to implement both versions (the only difference is it has to explicitly open the file in the check-file-name case), and adaptation is tricky for the client if it finds that the server supports "check-file-handle" but not "check-file-name", for example.

I think we should classify both types of the request as "check-file" and say explicitly that people should advertise exactly that, no variations.