From: Joseph Galbraith [mailto:galb-list%vandyke.com@localhost]
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 11:57 AM
To: Richard Whalen
Cc: ietf-ssh%netbsd.org@localhost
Subject: Re: Please publish the attached
draft-galb-filexfer-extensions-00.txt

Richard Whalen wrote:
> Are there any restrictions on "copy-data"?  How are the offsets treated when the file is opened for text transfers?

Excellent questions... I feel a new draft coming on.

I believe the answer is that "copy-data" has no restrictions,
other than that the the user not exceed quota (of course.)

Of course if it is a huge operation, the server is permitted
to complete it out of order or out right refuse to do it.

Clarified in local sources.

I believe, since this is a local-to-local copy operation,
we should forbid the files to be opened for text transfer--
of course, with VMS having multiple different file local
file formats, perhaps you'd prefer something different?
What do you think it should do?

> In section 7 (Temporary files & directories)
> You use "prefered" and "preferreed" that I believe should be "preferred"

Ahh.. I see that my creative speller was at full throttle.
Fixed in local source.

Thanks,

Joseph