Re: Please publish the attached draft-galb-filexfer-extensions-00.txt

Richard Whalen wrote:
> I think that "copy-data" should either be forbidden for text
files, or as follows:

> Both files must be opened for text transfer. The
"write-to-offset" is ignored, and the transfer starts at the
server's current write position. The "read-from-offset" and
"data-length" parameters are ignored.

If the "data-length" parameter is ignore, how much data
is copied?  Until EOF is reached?

Unless someone really needs this to work usefully in text
mode, I'm strongly tempted to let it pass--

> This avoids problems with differences in the way the file may
be stored and problems with the (write?) data length being less
than the difference between the write-to-offset and the current
allocation o the file being written to.

Thanks,

Joseph