Re: Publish ID draft-openssh-secsh-compression-delayed-00.txt

On Monday, November 20, 2006 02:58:18 PM +0000 Simon Tatham <anakin%pobox.com@localhost> wrote:

As far as I can see, the only _safe_ way for a client to implement
this compression method as currently specified is to note it being
offered in the initial kex, but not to accept that offer, and then
to initiate a rekey after authentication in which we enable it.

... at which point, compression would start after SSH_MSG_NEWKEYS :-)