Openssh in debug mode

Hi,

Modification done : openssh-4.6p1/src/Makefile
    45  CPPFLAGS=-I. -I$(srcdir) -I/$(OPENSSL_BUILD_DIR)/include  $(PATHS) -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DPACKET_DEBUG

I recompiled the package with above modifications and it was successful.  I have installed the new package in the system. killed sshd and ssh-agent.  Tried to start sshd and i get the following error.

wcarsx0q-unit0(active):/> /opt/openssh/sbin/sshd -D
Jul 10 07:09:38 wcarsx0q sshd[14332]: error: Bind to port 22 on 0.0.0.0 failed: Address already in use.

How can i resolve this error?
I actually wanted to collect all the logs generated by openssh, (say debug0, 1, 2, 3, info logs, logit logs).  I changed the debug_mode variable value to 1 in the required files and recompiled. But while trying to test it, I am getting the above error. Can anyone help in this?

Regards,
Rosmi C. Jose
 Nortel SSPFS Design
 Wipro Technologies