Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-green-secsh-ecc-07

As a result of the discussion earlier this month regarding the ECC in SSH draft, I have updated the draft accordingly. The main change is how method names are chosen.

For the three required curves, the method names contain a text representation of the curve name:
	ecdh-sha2-nistp256
	ecdh-sha2-nistp384
	ecdh-sha2-nistp521
	ecdsa-sha2-nistp256
	ecdsa-sha2-nistp384
	ecdsa-sha2-nistp521

For the remaining optional curves, including all remaining recommended NIST and SEC curves, the method names contain the ASCII representation of the OID, for example,
	ecdh-sha2-1.3.132.0.33
Although the 64 character length restriction on method names means that, theoretically, not all OIDs can be represented in this way, I am convinced by the arguments that there are unlikely to be such long OIDs in practice and that the benefit of having human (and Google) readable method names outweighs the drawbacks of not being able to include arbitrarily-long OIDs.

The draft is available at
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-green-secsh-ecc-07.txt

Douglas

Begin forwarded message: