Re: maximum size of packets from client to server

And, denis, even if, as you wrote, "Thomas is a newbie who
understood the concept the instant it was explained", Peter's
point that the spec is unclear is still valid: the spec's wording
has provoked three incompatible interpretations from three
different people, indicating (to me at least) that the spec is
unclear enough to need fixing.

Yes, I agree. The spec needs to be clarified on this point.