fds beyond 0/1/2

I had occasion to wish that ssh supported running remote commands with
fds other than 0, 1, and 2 connected to useful things.

Has anyone written up a spec for an extension to support this?  I don't
recall seeing any, but that doesn't prove anything.

If not, I've got some ideas I can write up and float for comment.  Or,
if nobody but me cares, I suppose I can just hack something together
and forget the issue. :)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse