Re: fds beyond 0/1/2

>> Here's what I have.  Comments are invited.
> I like the idea, though I'd like to see how it'd be used from a
> typical Unix command-line.  I'm guessing something like a CLI option
> to list file descripto numbers to forward, something like
> "ssh -r 0,1,2,5,7 ..."

Yes, though (because forwarding can go either way) you also need to
specify whether each fd is to be input, output, or both.  (Or neither,
I suppose, if-and-when anyone comes up with a use for that.)

I haven't really thought much about the command-line interface.  That's
an implementation-specific aspect (some implementations don't really
have a command line in the traditional sense, for example), and at this
point I've been thinking more about the protocol aspects.

I'd probably do something like

ssh -fd-in 3,4 -fd-out 7 -fd-both 10,12,13 ...

but this is totally up to each implementation to decide (for those that
choose to implement it at all, of course).

>> As a global request, [...]
> Why is a global request needed?

It's not really _needed_.  It is designed to allow the client to probe
for the presence of support earlier than the channel request does.  (I
should have stated this; I'll fix that.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse