Re: fds beyond 0/1/2

>> [...] eow%openssh.com@localhost [...] data-eof%rodents.montreal.qc.ca@localhost [...]
> I'm not sure I follow; SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_EOF doesn't shut down data
> bidirectionally.

No; it shuts it down in the same direction my data-eof@ does.  But
CHANNEL_EOF shuts down the entire channel.  My data-eof@ shuts down
just one data flow.  If there is only the one data flow (as is the case
for client->server data in the standard protocol), there is no
functional difference, but if there's more than one (as is the case for
server->client, or with forwarded fds if they end up being flows within
the main channel), data-eof@ can shut down one without affecting
others, which CHANNEL_EOF can't.

Yes, there is a need for shutdown capability in the other direction,
the direction eow@ does - but it too arguably should be per-flow rather
than whole-channel.

>> That file does not, amusingly enough, seem to include the one
>> @openssh.com extension I saw in the wild and went looking for
>> documentation on, keepalive%openssh.com@localhost.
> that's because youd don't have to actually implement it, just follow
> the spec and return SSH_MSG_UNIMPLEMENTED/SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_FAILURE

Well, it would have been reassuring to find a spec saying so. :)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse