Re: SSH URI draft

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 10:54:54AM -0800, Joe Salowey wrote:
> I submitted a new version of the SSH URI draft from several years
> back.  I removed the SFTP and SCP schemes since I could nto find a
> stable reference.  We can address these protocols in a separate
> document.   Please review and send comments.  I'm particularly
> interested to know what URI schemes have been implemented for these
> protocols.
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-salowey-secsh-uri-00

Nothing about what resources can be referred via SSH URIs other than the
entire SSHv2 service?

Resources I can think of:

 - shell sessions, with and without pty
 - port forwardings
 - subsystems
    - paths to resources for those subsystems

Now, to be fair, the idea of specifying port forwardings (and agent, X11
display, and other forwardings) in URIs scares me, so I'd rather leave
them out than in.  And clearly SFTP merits its own URI scheme, and
perhaps so do all subsystems.  But ISTM that we should at least consider
distinguishing between "the whole service" and "shell session".

Nico