fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dbider-sha2-mac-for-ssh-04.txt

Hi Folks,

I received some comments from Sean Turner and Jeff Hutzelman which have
been incorporated into this new version of the draft.

I know that this code has already been picked up in some open source
implementations of the SSH.

It should be understood that this is NOT the same as the
hmac-sha256%ssh.com@localhost (I recall that Tectia used a 16-byte HMAC key and
MindTerm used a 20-byte HMAC key and so they were not interoperable).

OpenSSH 5.9 has implemented this draft.

TeraTerm 4.71 has implemented this draft.

WinSSHD has a pre-release build of 5.24 from denis bider to implement
this draft.

PuTTY has a patch from Simon Tatham to implement this draft.

cryptlib has a patch from Peter Gutmann for this draft.

If possible, I would like for members of this list to reach consensus
here that hmac-sha2-256 is a a RECOMMENDED algorithm for SSH.

	Thank you,
	-- Mark