Re: Curve25519/448 key agreement for SSH

denis bider <ietf-ssh3%denisbider.com@localhost> writes:

> You've described that in your implementation K encoding is
> method specific.

Then I was unclear. The key exchange output is *always* represented as a
string, even for the plain dh exchange methods. I view any integer-ness
as an internal detail of the keyexchange mechanism.

> Overall, though, it seems to be a bikeshed issue - it doesn't really matter either way.

I agree it's not terribly important, but I'm going to get a bit annoyed
when I implement curve25519 key exchange, if I have to tweak the length
of K depending on contents of the secret value.

I'd really like to hear more opinions.

Regards,