Re: Post-user-auth compression as an extension? (Re: Feedback on draft-ssh-ext-info-00)

denis bider <ietf-ssh3%denisbider.com@localhost> writes:

> How about defining an extension for negotiation of post-user-auth compression?

Maybe. But to make progress, I'd recommend focusing in getting the
extension mechanism landed first.

About the race, Simon (referred to in Matt's reply) describes the proper
solution: Define a "NEWCOMPRESS" message, sent in each direction, just
prior to the first compressed message.

> [1] Simon's comment http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.secsh/6108/focus=6110

Regards,