RE: rsa-sha2-256/512: handling of incorrect signature encoding

denis bider (Bitvise) <ietf-ssh3%denisbider.com@localhost> writes:

>I did set up a test server for the new rsa-sha2-XXX signature types; I posted
>connection information here, and included instructions to test both server and
>client authentication. I was under the impression that you might have used it,
>but I’m not sure if you did.

I did, but not for pubkey auth, for lack of a key to auth with.

Is it worth stating, in the draft, that if you use sha256 everywhere else then
you should also use it for pubkey auth?  I can't see any reason why you'd want
to use SHA-1 for that when you're using SHA-2 for everything else.  Then you
could also use the server's advertising SHA-2 to indicate that it'll take a
SHA-2 sig for auth.

Peter.